We are getting into the Valentine’s Day spirit and are really feeling the love here at Purple Community. While there are many things we adore, we have managed to narrow the list to our top five things we love for the month of February.
1. Grand Rapids Griffins – We love turning the Van Andel Arena purple each year, and this year is no exception! Friday, Feb. 19 we will be hosting the 5th annual Purple Community Game. The game will feature a 50/50 raffle, jersey auction after the game and exclusive Griffins/Purple Community merchandise available for a donation. We also have tickets available for only $5 – Buy yours now!
2. Purple Community Leadership Cabinet – We love the members of our Leadership Cabinet and all the hard work they do throughout the year, serving as ambassadors to support our Purple Community fundraising efforts. If you would like to become a member, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Van Andel Research Institute – We love how dedicated Van Andel Research Institute (VARI) researchers are! Every day they are working to determine the epigenetic, genetic, molecular and cellular origins of cancer, Parkinson’s and other diseases and translating those findings into effective therapies.
4. 100% Hope – We love that 100% of all funds raised at Purple Community events support biomedical research at Van Andel Institute, and we love how much community support we receive.
5. Running and Walking – We love running and walking and we would love to have you join us at the 2nd annual Purple Community 5K and Family Fun Run on Saturday, April 30 at Fifth Third Ballpark! Registration is open now. If you want your love for Purple Community to make a bigger impact consider signing up to pledge run, perhaps in honor or memory of someone in your family that has been on a cancer or Parkinson’s journey.
Whatever you love this month, we hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day. We’ll see you at one of our upcoming events!
The Purple Community Team